Everyone needs a quick sweet fix occasionally. Some like it creamy or custardy, others like it chocolate-y, and there are those who want some texture and like it crispy, too. Well, say hello to this sweet croissant pudding, which covers that all for you and it’s quick and easy to do.
For people who do not have a lot of time to whip up something sweet – this is a welcome treat.
What ingredients do you need?
Croissants, butter, marmalade or jam, vanilla ice cream, chocolate chips, icing sugar (optional).
How quick and easy is it? Here’s how –
- Split open the croissant and spread with butter and marmalade.
- Transfer to a lightly greased baking dish and dollop with slightly melted vanilla ice cream and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake and dust with icing sugar. Eat.
It’s as fast and easy as that. Now, why don’t you get comfy and savour it while relaxing on the couch or having your much-needed downtime.
This deliciousness is adapted from British TV chef Nadiya Hussain’s recipe known as Chocolate and Lime Croissant Pudding.
And I don’t think I need to convince you why this dessert looks and feels special. It not only satisfies your sweet tooth, but it also gives you that festive and happy vibe while you spoon into that snow-like covered sweet and creamy treat!
Am I wrong?! 🙂
How To Make Sweet Croissant Pudding
Sweet Croissant Pudding
- 4 croissants Get large croissants (at least 50 grams each).
- 4 tbsp marmalade or jam (any) I used lime marmalade.
- 200 grams (or more) vanilla ice cream, slightly melted
- 50 grams (or more) dark chocolate chips
- a dusting of icing/confectioner's sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 356°F. Butter a 7 x 11 inch baking dish and set aside.
- Split open the croissants and spread with butter. Then cover each croissant with marmalade or jam.
- Transfer the croissants to a baking dish, overlapping each other.
- Dollop with slightly melted vanilla ice cream, and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake on a preheated oven for 12-14 minutes. Finally, dust with icing sugar. Serve while warm.